For a P-3 visa, you must be coming to the United States either individually or as a group for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. In addition, you must be coming to the United States to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of your art form. The program may be of a commercial or noncommercial nature.
Your U.S. employer or sponsoring organization must submit Form I-129, Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker.
Please note that a petitioner who will be filing as an agent for multiple employers must establish that it is duly authorized to act as an agent.
Your Form I-129 must include the following documents:
- Written consultation from an appropriate labor organization
- A copy of the contract between the petitioner and the beneficiary or the summary of the terms of an oral agreement between the petitioner and the beneficiary
- An explanation of the event and itinerary
- Affidavits, testimonials or letters from recognized experts attesting to the authenticity of your or your group’s skills in performing, presenting, coaching or teaching the unique and traditional art forms and giving the credentials of the expert including the basis of his or her knowledge of your or your group’s skills; OR documentation that your or your group’s performance is culturally unique as evidenced by reviews in newspapers, journals or other published materials.
- Documentation that all of the performances or presentations will be culturally unique events
If you have any question regarding this visa petition, please call the office to set up a valuable consultation.